Getting used to this year-long drill of digital classes have been a confusing ride . But , it taught us the possibilities of having access to anything from anywhere at the comfort of our home. With such comfort came carelessness. Which in turn endangered the wellbeing and safety of children.
So how can students be safeguarded during online sessions?
- Children are to sit in their virtual classrooms under proper parental supervision. Parents must follow the instructions on classroom learning as per the teacher’s advice.
- Checking the credibility of online sources is important. Without proper guidance they might wander into undesirable web pages and fall into scams.
- Make it a practice to create a strong and secure password, which will protect you and your family from hackers sabotaging your system.
- Cyberbullying is another threat for children online, which is very common now a days. So report bullying immediately to teachers and parents without any hesitation.
- Students are also reported to experience severe anxiety. Thinking over the existing pandemic situation is causing such issues, which restricts them from playing with friends, engaging in any social engagements, etc. They fear that things might not change and a face-to-face classroom session is likely to never happen. Offering an attentive ear to their stresses is all that takes.
- Teachers can organize fun games, quizzes and celebrate events with the students. This will put them at ease from all the buzz that’s going around.
- Teachers should make it a priority to ask students about the clarity of the subjects being taught. Because leaving them unattended is a blunder in itself.
Our children are facing new challenges in their pursuit of higher education. Hence the best CBSE schools in Dubai KHDA are trying to nurture their intelligence with digital learning and wellness.